Group and private visits to West Point offer a great experience for all ages and interests. West Point Tours can plan your visit to maximize your enjoyment of West Point's unique place in America's history and its continuing role in preparing leaders for America's future.
Are you seeking Guide Services for a personalized historic tour? Is your organization interested in our Leadership Tour? Or, are you a School Group seeking to explore the rich history of one of America's oldest treasures? Select from among our different tour options. If you want to combine your tour with a lunch or another activity in the beautiful Hudson Valley go to our Design your Day Trip section. Please call our office at 845-446-4724 for more information and to begin creating your unique West Point experience!
Tour Guide Services
For School Groups
School Groups – Grades 1-12
For class trips visiting between September 15 and June 15
Create a rich educational experience for your students with a tour of historic West Point. Our guides can tailor the tour to focus on specific areas to complement your curriculum. Whether emphasizing the Revolutionary period, military history, the traditions of the Academy, or more, our knowledgeable guides and hands-on application will help bring history to life. Click here for more details about our historic school group tours.
The Principles of Leadership Group Tour
The Principles of Leadership
The United States Military Academy at West Point is renowned for its focus on teaching and training the leadership skills needed for a career in the United States Army. As we tour the campus our guide will illustrate those principals using examples drawn from the many famous graduates who have applied them in their career and life beyond the military. The tour will cover the history and tradition of West Point with stops at the Main Cadet Chapel, Trophy Point, Battle Monument, and the Plain. To learn more, click here.
Days of Operation
Tours operate daily except for:
- The Saturdays of Army home football games
- Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
- During Graduation Week on May 23, 26, & 27
Hours of Operation
- Tours can start after 9:00 AM.
- All tours must end by 5:00 PM daily.
West Point Military Security Requirements for Groups
West Point is an active military post and as such requires the following from our group visitors.
- Everyone over the age of 17 years old is required to bring government issued photo ID. Examples: Drivers license or passport. Students between 16-18 years of age may bring high school photo ID. Original documents only, NO PHOTO COPIES.
- Foreign visitors of ALL ages must have their passports. Original documents only, NO PHOTO COPIES.
- Each group must send in a manifest sheet completed with the names, dates of birth, gender, and type of ID being used. Click here to download form. Click here if you need further instructions to complete the manifest.
West Point is an active army post and as such tour times and access to venues within West Point are subject to change without notice.